Thursday, October 7, 2010

First Time Cooking

This is my first time cooking all by myself. Normally my mom would help, or should I say she will do most of the cooking in the end because I'm too slow. haha. But right now, mommy not here to overlook, and I really, REALLY have no clue how to start...

I've decided to cook Herbal Chicken Soup. Went to the Vietnamese butcher to get some chicken meat. Happily brought the chicken back home, then asked myself what next? Clean the chicken... duhh...
When I put the chicken into the sink, something made me had goosebumps all over. Any idea what's that? Look clearly at the picture below.


Still have no idea?


There! Its feather/ hair is still there!!! Alamak, aku nak pengsan lah... Eeew. It really took me a while to settle down by emotions, and after 2 hours of skinning and screaming I finally k.o.ed the chicken.



Placed the phone there just in case anything happens... 
You know, anything can happen on our very "first time".


Right! So this is how it looks like. My A1 Herbal Chicken Soup.
Looks quite good eh?!

Actually, my cousin and I had a hard time chewing on those meat. Unfortunately, the silly me bought the wrong chicken meat. I bought boiler chicken, which serve the same purpose as chicken stock. It is to be boiled only, and not to eat. =( 'cause the meat is really really... really tough.

Communication problem I guess, as I told the vietnamese butcher it's for soup. So he recommended this. haha. Only then I know there are different types of chicken meat to choose from. "Great Lesson" isn't it... 





No comments:

Post a Comment